What is the Not Yot Sailing Club?
Not Yot Sailing Club is a members only club committed to continued training and sharing the sport of sailing.
Members will have access to our Catalina Capri 22 sailboats on Lake Pleasant 7 days a week year-round.
“The first time sail for others is quite the experience and responsibility for a good skipper. Seamanship shines through good crew and their passengers having the time of their lives full sail on a big clip.” – Capt Clint
Apply today to join Not Yot Sailing Club for 7 days a week access to 2 Catalina Capri sailboats at Lake Pleasant. Boats are slipped at Pleasant Harbor Marina behind Dillons Restaurant.
Your membership access to the calendar will be quick and easy each time you want to sail.
The application process is easy. We ask for some basic contact information and your current level of sailing experience. You will be sailing as often as you like in no time.
If you do not yet have the experience Not Yot requires to join, you can sign up for our 111 Review Clinics to practice on the weekends. The fleet will grow so check back when you’re ready.
Note: Sailing experience and/or training is required to become a member. All members must check out with a GSA instructor prior to membership approval.
- Membership benefits, and responsibilities, are shared with up to 8 members for each boat in the fleet. Boats will be added to the fleet as needed.
- Membership fee: $1450/year.
- Boats must be left clean and orderly, to include spray down if necessary.
- All services needed are reported after each use.
- Each member will be available for (1) 4-hour volunteer day per year for maintenance and/or charity events. This should be considered an educational opportunity to learn the required maintenance for owning a boat and share their love for sailing with the community
- Sailing experience and/or training or is required to become a member.
- All club applicants who wish to join the club must demonstrate their skill level during a required checkout with a GSA instructor.
Is the Not Yot Sailing Club a Yacht Club?
No… they vote, we boat!
How many can the boat hold comfortably?
6 including the skipper but 4-5 total on the boat is better. 2-3 in light air.
Will there be life jackets provided?
Yes, but get your own and be in the habit of wearing yours. I’ll have 6 onboard for crew along with all safety equipment. If you bring a human under 50 lbs., make sure you provide the USCG approved life jacket. (12 and under are required to wear a life jacket while the boat is under or making way.)
How far in advance can I reserve?
You can have 1 reservation at a time as far out as you’d like and reserve any available boat if not reserved in the following 24 hours.
Do I have to get my ASA Coastal 103 and Bareboat 104 within a year of membership?
We would like you to. All of our members need at least the equivalent training or experience to become a member.
Will the boats be available to the public for rent?
No. Only members and instructors skipper the boats.
How many times can I sail per month?
Each member will be issued 5 resumptions per month to be used toward morning or afternoon 5-hour sailing sessions. Boats are available 7 days a week. (7am – Noon) or (1-pm-6pm)
If I don’t meet the qualifications now, what can I do?
If you have your ASA101 or equivalent experience, check out our 111 Refresher Sails. Continue training and sail as often as your weekends allow. We set sail every Saturday and Sunday from 2pm-5pm. The 111 Refresher Sail is the next step after receiving your 101 certification and before your 103/104 coastal courses.
How do I join?
Click here to apply for free